Thursday, September 18, 2008

In the Wee Hours of the Morning

Sometimes in the wee hours of the morning, I wander out the front door and sit on the porch. The man in the moon smiles down at me and I smile back at him. I like the feeling of being bathed in the glow of his light. Around me I see dark objects with their dark shadows. Sometimes I see a stray Tom cat gracefully and quietly slinking by on his soft padded feet. In the distance, across the lake I see the twinkling of street lights. Everything seems peaceful and at rest. I take deep breaths and enjoy the fresh cool air and I feel renewed. I hear the crickets and from across the valley I hear the muted sounds of cars and trucks on the freeway. I feel "all is well, all is well" and am thankful for my abundant blessings.

No comments: