Monday, November 24, 2008

Thinking of My Blessings from the Church

To serve - the opportunity to go Tuesday mornings until Christmas and bag fruits and vegetables at the Bishop's Storehouse. It gives me a very good feeling to know I am helping others. The Church projects are always first class.

To prepare - Sat. morning was our monthly Preparedness Meeting. The topic was "Emergency Sources of Heat, Cooking, Light and Body Warmth". Excellent meeting. It is a blessing to have the Lord's counsel through our Prophets and leaders.

For help - Bro. Tomlinson is always asking me if there is a project the young men can help me with. Saturday afternoon about eight boys raked leaves and roto tilled them into the garden soil. Sometimes I have looked out the window and thought, "I don't have the energy to do all that." They made short work of it and it was fun to be out with them. You could call that the "Power of the Priesthood". They are great young men!!!

2 comments:

julie said...

Mom, Thank-you for putting Landon,
that was beautiful...
won't it be fun to finally meet him one day...

Happy Thanksgiving!

chrissy said...

Hi Jean!

This is Sharon's daughter, Chrissy. I popped over from Julie's blog to say hello. Your blog is so cute! I need to get my mom to post more often.

You're welcome to visit my blog at StayingTogether4TheKids.

:)