Monday, December 22, 2008

Winter Solstice - December 21, 2008

Yesterday was the shortest day of the year and the longest night. From now on our days will be getting longer and the nights shorter.

It is now Monday, December 22. The house is decorated. The smell of freshly baked Banana Bread comes from the kitchen. I am listening to, Christmas in the Aire, a CD Julie sent me. Outside fluffly, soft snowflakes are swiftly falling on the snow from last week. It is truly a beautiful marshmellow world. This afternoon I am going to bake cookies, read a bit, maybe sew a seam or two , but I'll enjoy the day and just putter around. I love to putter and do alittle of this and a little of that. It will be a stay at home day. It looks like I might be snowed in.

3 comments:

Lowry said...

Great job blogging.. It fun to see and hear about everything. It fun to see the old pictures again.. Keep up the good job blogging. Lowry

julie said...

man, I wish I was there!

DEIDRE said...

I logged on to your blog to get your banana bread recipe. We could smell yours all the way in Florida so, I have to have some. I hope the recipe is on here if not I will be calling shorty... hot banana muffins for breakfast i can almost taste it!!! We love ya!!!