Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Remarkable Lady.

Janice Kapp Perry
Last night I watched a program on the life of Sister Perry.
It really made an impression on me.
She is a beautiful person with the Spirit as her companion
for help and insights into her writing.
I started checking the internet and was amazed
how many of her songs I was familiar with.
Our family has used her songs to tell a message.
One Mother's Day the girls and I sang,
"At Their Mother's Knee".
At a missionary farewell we sang, "No Ordinary Man",
and the grandchildren and their mothers sang,
" A Child's prayer" at Steve's funeral.
She has had trials and tests in her life.
I was impressed with her insights and the way she
viewed and handled them.
She is a remarkable lady who has inspired me.

1 comment:

chrissy said...

I love her music, but I've never known much about her. I'll have to try and catch that program. She's so incredibly talented!