Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wish Our Family Could Have Been There.

Last evening when I went to the cemetery Antoine, Barbara, most of their children and some of their grandchildren were there. They have a beautiful, active and growing family. Sunday they had been to the Payson cemetery for Barbara's relatives. Yesterday they paid tribute to the Harris side of the family. While Barbara and I caught up on family news on one bench, their family gathered at another bench with some sitting in a circle on the ground. They talked and visited and Antoine told them old family stories about relatives. At one point, I heard some of the grandchildren ask him to tell of when he was a small boy and was hit by a truck. Which he did.
It was a lovely, peaceful evening. There were, of course, an abundance of flowers of every color which added greatly to the beautiful setting. I am grateful that I happened to be there the same time Antoine's family was. It was fun to see and visit with them. It has been years since I have seen some of the girls.
Barbara is having a surgical procedure Wednesday. Prayers for peace and blessings that all may be well are needed for her at this time.
To be able to visit with Antoine, Barbara and their family made it a special Memorial Day for me.

No comments: