Thursday, October 13, 2011

Enjoying the Season!


There are about 130 geese on the pond behind the house.
In the evening we hear them first and then watch as
 they fly over the house and garden into the sunset to the
fields further west of us.  There they feed through the
 night and then between eight and nine the next morning
we see and hear them returning to spend a beautiful,
relaxing fall day on the pond. 
.
It's a beautiful sight of this season!
                                           

2 comments:

Jenae said...

It was a really beautiful day today. As I made green smoothies today I realize that I used 2 T = tablespoons of Superfood not 2 t = teaspoons.

It was such a nice day today that I wanted to go somewhere that I've never been. Have you ever been to Wales? It is south of Fountain Green and was settled in 1854. There are many pioneer homes still standing. Although it doesn't have the artsy feel of Spring, it's still a fun place to see. Loved it. Enjoying the season!

Jean said...

I remember going to Wales when but a wee child. Mother's sister Lou Jean and husband had a small farm there early in their marriage. I remember being in the kitchen of her small, old pioneer
home, sitting on mom's lap with grandma O. and the aunts all visiting and laughing about their happenings in life.