Saturday, June 18, 2011

Under the June Moon.



Dave's family have been vacationing this week.
They have enjoyed family, friends and places.
One evening we enjoyed S'mores in the yard. 
  

Making a firepit fashion statement.
Notice "Snickers" the cat under his arm.



I've learned shovels don't bend
and
sometimes stumps don't move at all.


There are a few splashes of color around the yard.



In the garden last night I planted three containers of "Blue Potatoes".
   I could see the beginnings of the potatoes which were
 bright, purple metalic in color.
 Oh, this should be an Epicurean delight. 



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved looking at all the photos. I'm hungry for a smore! We sure had a fun time at your house. The kids enjoyed exploring in your yard, playing with the kittens, and playing games with you and Katherine. It was a fun week even with my hurting tooth! Thank you so much for your hospitality! Love you bunches!

P.S. I love all the flowers in your yard and your garden is looking real good too. I want to try some blue potatoes this fall. I need an Epicurean delight in my life! It just sounds wonderful!

Unknown said...

I just realized that first photo was the one you had Olivia help you take. It turned out really great! I was too preoccupied with smores to notice the beautiful moon. Glad you got a picture. (Very Creative title post! Love it!)

Jean said...

I enjoyed visiting with you and your family last week. I think back to visiting with Macall and Ella in the mornings while fixing breakfast. They are quite the thinkers.
I appreciate Dave's garden expertise and tomato plants. They are starting to stretch their little necks and grow. Next year I'm hoping to get some volenteer heirloom tomato starts like Dave.
Thanks to Olivia for the moon picture. Because of my shaking, my attempt made it look like a shooting star. She did a great job!
Love to all and have a cool(in more ways than one) summer.
Grandma Jean