Saturday, July 9, 2011

Raw Foods Retreat.


I love to learn.
This weekend it is all about a diet of raw foods
at "40 Blades of Grass" in Spanish Fork, UT.
The three other women at the retreat are 
all experienced in eating a raw foods diet.
One is a young, very pretty, newly wed of two months.
One works as a midwife helping women
deliver their babies in their homes.
One is staying there all week to help regain her health.

Yesterday, I was there from 2 to 7 p.m.
We made a yummy, raw, creamy carrot soup and
Sprouted wheat bread. (No other ingredients.)
She showed us how to check food
to see if it had living nutients.
We learned how to make rejuvalac (sp),
and to grow wheat grass for juicing.
We made two delicious salads for supper with
fermented boccoli and kale chips on the side.

Katherine Scott is the owner.  She is cute, tiny lady from
Ireland and has cured herself from cancer with raw foods.
The retreat is in her home.

I really enjoyed this experience and the new friends.

Looking forward to today.

Good health to all,
and
eat those raw veggies.



4 comments:

chrissy said...

interesting! ryan and I saw a documentary a few years back about the "raw" movement. it makes sense, when you think about it.

Unknown said...

I would love to go to this! Are you going every day? Please post some recipes or how toos! I have loved learning about raw foods over the last few years.

Jean said...

Hi Chrissy, Good to hear from you.
I love the peeks into you life on facebook.
I've just heard bits and pieces here and there about a raw food diet. It was interesting to learn and experience a few basics.

Jean said...

Kristen, I would love to get together with you and talk and share some of the info I've learned. Katherine has a pot luck supper each month at her home. You have a choice of watching a raw foods movie or visiting with others who are raw foodists. I went to one of these first, which I read about in the paper and then I went to a two day class. This was a good way for me to learn more about this healthy life style.