Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Fistfull of Saved Dollars.

A neat lady, who lives in Australia, invited her readers to share ideas of their best, quick, meals from scratch. She posted these ideas and recipes on the 19th of Dec. 2008. Her post is, down---to---earth.blogspot.com. My quick and easy meals have been to pick up fast food while running errands or when I didn't want to bother with fixing something in the evenings I would go out and get a fast food meal. Yet, I was aware how that money added up at the end of the week and health wise it was a poor decision. It has been three weeks since I have changed this eating away from home habit. The first week I ate entirely from my storage food. I didn't spend a penny. Only once in these three weeks have I had lunch away from home. That was when Liz came into town and we ate at Sizzler. I figure I have saved a fistful of dollars which I have used to add to my storage supplies. My meals have been more nutritious being less processed and containing less preservatives and chemicals. I've become more aware of what I need to do for better preparations for my three months storage meals and beyond. I've learned the value of stocking the refrigerator with homemade yogurt, home grown sprouts, cooked rice or a variety of meal basics that make meals in minutes. The stored foods in the freezer are big bonuses for eating at home and I am looking forward to having a garden for the third year.
I'm interested in any one's quick fixin ideas.

2 comments:

madison said...

i have a good recipy for cheesy stuffed checken and acuple others i dont know if thay will work with wat you have there easy good but thay were writen for larg quanitys if you want some i will send them to you

Jean said...

Madison, I would love to have your recipes. Send them on. I am always looking for meals that have been tried and treasured.

Grandpa, Jenae, Kathryn and I just returned from a two day trip to attend a baby shower for Christi.
We had a good visit with everyone and the baby was showered with all kinds of special baby boy items. Now all we need is the baby.