Tuesday, January 6, 2009

They Will Be Blessed Because They Bless Me.

Our course of study in Sunday School this year is the Doctrine and Covenants. I am taking this seriously and doing some extra reading. It has been very interesting and this book is to be taken seriously.
D&C 1:10 states - Unto the day when the Lord shall come to recompense unto every man according to his work, and measure to every man according to the measure which he has measured to his fellow man.
It has snowed constantly for two days now. This morning at 9:30 Bob was over and cleaned the walks and driveway. At 4:00 this afternoon I noticed a red truck in the driveway. Someone was clearing my walks and driveway with his snowblower. I did not recognize him. This evening, I heard Sable, the Lund's dog, barking. Looking out the window, I saw Brother Winkel with a group of young men again clearing the driveway, walks and porches.
Good, good people live all around me. This is just one day's blessings. Yet, everyday I am blessed by them.
I wish the rest of the world understood this principle and acted kindly and cared for each other.

No comments: