Thursday, June 11, 2009

An Errand Day.


Low needed a ride home from dropping off the red truck to Steve Whitlocks. After I picked him up, we ate at Chuck -a -Rama, shopped at Costco, the Good Earth and the Real Food Market.

When Clark & Dee lived with me years ago, they had a hammock in the backyard. All the family enjoyed it and since they left with their hammock I've missed being able to swing lazily in the cool of the summer evenings. I have wanted to buy one for a couple of years, but couldn't find one. Yesterday in the paper Cabella's had a hammock sale. Low and I rode to the point of the mountain this afternoon and now I am the proud owner of one that looks like Clarks. There is an old family photo of Dave, some of the grandchildren and some of the neighbor kids all on the hammock one summer afternoon. I need to find that picture.

We are having the wettest June ever. Everyday this past week it has rained. The forecast is for storms to keep rolling in this next week. This evening is a bit chilly so I have my winter blue flannel snowmen P.J.s on. They feel warm and comforting.

I have felt blessed today. The day is winding down with a beautiful double rainbow seen from the back porch. Til tomorrow . . .

4 comments:

chrissy said...

That pic is beautiful! I'm glad to see you back and posting. Was the hammock you bought free standing or do you tie it to trees? I've been wanting a free standing hammock for a long time! Enjoy it! (When all the rain ends, that is...)

Jean said...

Hi Chrissy,

I bought a stand and the hammock. They can be purchased seperately. I could use mine with the stand or tie it between two trees. It comes in a single or double size.
If you get one, let's put them both up in the back yard, have a BBQ and sleep under the stars. All Right!!!

This weather is keeping me inside, so I will be on the internet more. When the sun comes out it is hard to stay indoors. This rain sure invites the weeds to stretch up and encourages more leaves on the stems. They look so darn healthy. This yard is a real challenge.

julie said...

Congratulations on your fabulous new purchase, I'll have to come back and visit, and now for sure I'll have a place to sleep!
that's a beautiful picture!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous picture! I love rainbows. We need to come up and try out that hammock. I remember many a night when Dave and I were dating that was spent swinging in the hammock. Such fond memories!! Love ya:)