Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Good Day.

Sept. 2008

Tonight the rain is falling softly. I'm relaxing in my blue nightgown and fluffy slippers. The night is quiet. I feel relaxed. It is a perfect night to sleep with the window open and feel the gentle, cool breeze.
My day started out by cleaning the study. I still need to sort through some boxes, but the study is cleaned out. It feels and looks good. At noon Clark called for me to meet him and dad for lunch. It is always fun to be with Clark. He is a happening guy. He kept us entertained with his stories of his experiences at Sundance. I look forward to his arrival, but his time here seems to pass too quickly. He started packing up gear and sending it back today. He will be finished Sunday or Monday. He wants to feel the freedom of a short trip across the State in the convertible and then flies home the next week-end.
This afternoon a friend installed a new software system to help organize and manage my pictures. I've been working with the pictures already on my computer and it looks like a good system.
This evening I went to a Pressure Cooking Class at Macey's Market. Garlic Pot Roast and Vegetables, Four Cheese Italian Risotto, and Carrots Tropicana were cooked right before our very eyes. It was delicious. Pressure cooking saves time and electricity. I was impressed when she explained that using one cylinder of propane and a preparedness stove, will cook meals for three weeks with a pressure cooker. That would be great way to cook if the electricity were down.

Lights out for now. There will be more adventures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That pressure cooker class sounds fun! Dave bought one last year but we haven't use it yet.