Saturday, February 6, 2010

Celebrating My Life.


Two favorite pictures of my dear mother with my sister Betty in 1935. I was born in 1941.
Tomorrow is my birthday. I've been thinking about the controversy over the Superbowl ad Clark directed. A mother choosing to give her baby life, when she was counseled to terminate her pregnancy because of illness. The baby grew to be an outstanding and healthy young man. He was voted this years Heisman trophy winner. He is grateful his mother made the choice she did.
The pro choice people do not want this story told.
This week-end, I am celebrating and deeply thankful to my mother for giving me life.

4 comments:

Christi said...

I am going to celebrate life also, especially yours since your birthday is tomorrow. I wish you would have come to visit us so we could spoil you but there should be a suprise delivered sometime today!
Love ya!

You are coming next weekend right?

Jean said...

This should be a "Celebrate Life Weekend". We don't understand how much our mothers loved us or how we changed their lives until we are mothers. I'll be there next weekend, I'm not sure which day yet.

Oh excitement! I'll let you know when my surprize arrives.

julie said...

Happy Birthday Mom,
that is a precious picture of Grandma!
Check your mail next week, I'm a little slower than Christi......okay, a lot slower!
Happy Birthday, love ya.

Unknown said...

You have a great life to celebrate!

Love ya!